Sunday, July 18, 2010

Revamping and trying again

So, here I am again. Trying to get back in the swing of things with the blog world. As I'm sure any of my followers have figured out (although I'm sure they've all disappeared - I haven't posted in well over a year), I've deleted and started anew.

Things are moving along here in our little world. Teen has graduated elementary school and is heading off to highschool this fall (YIKES!); Imp is headed into Grade 2; and Banshee is entering the world of 'full time' school as she heads into Grade 1!! DOUBLE YIKES!! When did my babies grow up? As some of you might be asking . . . does that mean that Momma-bear is headed back to the outside workforce? The short of it all . . . no. I'm perfectly happy where I am for the time being, and feel that with the health issues that Banshee battles, and the problems I've recently had crop up, staying home is the best option.

On that note, after a specialist appointment for Banshee early last week, it was decided that she be hospitalized for some testing and observational purposes. That went reasonably well and Banshee did fantastic, but it really didn't teach us anything that we didn't already know. In the upcoming weeks we'll head back to the Children's Hospital for more tests, and then back to the more 'local' specialist after that. She's definitely been struggling with all this over the past while, and it's playing on all of us. She definitely has some fantastic days where you'd never know she ever had any problems, but then she'll have a rash of 'bad' days. The bizarre part of it all is that there is no rhyme or reason for it - the bad or down days just 'happen' and as quickly as they come, they go. Weird indeed.

I'm still dealing with my tailbone issues (the pain is excruciating at times) and currently am trying physio. Honestly - I don't think it's achieving anything except aggravating it even more than it was. I was off to see the specialist last week about my wrists - and yes indeed, I do have carpal tunnel. I've got a brace on the way that I'm to try for 6 weeks, and if by then there isn't a marked improvement, then they'll go ahead and fix it. AND . . . I'm still waiting for the results of the testing done on my liver (hope to hear about that tomorrow), but I'm pretty sure it's connected to my gallbladder - which will probably have to come out. In the event I am looking at carpal tunnel surgery, I'm hoping they can fix that and deal with the gallbladder at the same time. You know - killing 2 birds with one stone . . . but honestly, I'm really hoping there's no 'killing' involved (insert nervous laugh here). Can we say falling apart? This is all in addition to the ongoing issues with my freakin' hips and knees. I truly feel that with every pound I shed, I develop more and more problems (and on that front - I've removed 63lbs so far!).

Obviously it's summer, so the kids and My Other Half (MOH) are home with us. While I love them to pieces, I'm not always loving their tokens of love (loosely translated to: Leaving their shit all over the place). We've been trying to find fun things to do - and so far so good, but the humidity bags us - and we have to consider that for Banshee when we make plans. We're excitedly awaiting the start of almost 3 weeks of vacation. The upswing? Almost 3 fabulous weeks of doing as much (or as little) as we want with no time constraints or limitations. The downswing (yes - there IS a downswing to this)? Many, many, MANY hours in the van with the whole fam damily. Like I'm talking about 12+ hours. That takes a whole lotta crazy to even consider that . . . but you know, I AM crazy, so it's all good, right?

So, here's hoping that I can keep up with this blog this time. Talk at you all later.

1 comment:

zoinatt said...

I was wondering where your blog went. LOL